Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Austin & Zoe

After having spent the last 9 months imagining who our little Zoe, or as we call her Zo Zo, was going to look like we're finally beginning to see.  She has the curliest hair from her Nene Edie and I think she has her daddy's chin.  My mom constantly tells me how much she looks like Edie did as a baby.  Whenever I'm not looking, my mom has Zoe snuggled up in her arms telling her how much she looks like her baby.  Momma loves telling me how Zoe reminds her of being a young mother with Edie.  She also tries to talk me into letting her keep Zoe by saying I can always have another one and she can't.  LOL.  I told her they're entirely too hard to make so I'm just going to have to keep Zoe for myself.  I love how so many people love that little girl as much as Austin & I do.  Even her big brother Austin (Bubbie) is beginning to like her.





Austin likes to give kisses to everyone but lately he's been a bit stingy with his "sugar."  Frequently we ask for a night night sugar only to be given his hand in our faces rather than his lips.    Even Granny and Papaw have been low on Austin sugar.  The only person who seems to always her her kiss good night is Zoe.  He leans down and gently kisses her head each night before bed.  This is however, immediately followed with an attempt to poke her eye out or whack her in the head repeatedly.  He's learning to be gentle, but there is still a long way to go with that one.  I'm just grateful he loves her and is starting to not be so jealous of the attention we give her.